Friday, January 18, 2013

What fic are you writing?

Hello, everyone. This is AkoMeiChan and I'm going to tell you a true story. Also, I'm going to provide a link to the fic.

I'm friend with a fanfiction writer who's currently writing a Power Rangers story called "A Get Together to Remember." I always talk to her regarding Super Sentai with the intention to encourage her to check out some of the series. She recently (at the time of this post and to my knowledge) just checked out MMPR season 1's counterpart, Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger.

She doesn't have a clue regarding what Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters is about or the characters. She only has a mild idea that (again, at the time of this post) is the Sentai currently airing and it's inspired by Power Rangers R.P.M, which she has declared to me she didn't watch.

Starting with chapter 1, I always thought she was writing a Power Rangers fic with what it implies, use of evil magic/science. In later chapters though, I (who watch Sentai and I'm following the current one), kept noticing a strange series of situations which are characteristic of Super Sentai (this started happening before she watched Zyuranger). Best examples of this are: giving Dino Thunder Red Ranger a similar personality in using his Power as Mega Red, mentioning an Avatar characteristic to an original character or describing said character as what the Magirangers used while in their secret base.

When I started telling her about all of these things, she was dumbfounded. She swore to me she hasn't watched a Sentai serie (aside from the footage used to create the Power Rangers adaptation). She also swore she didn't watch Mystic Force (something I still find impossible to believe because of the almost exact description of the Mystic Force capes).

To sum up the anecdote, I find interesting she's writing a Power Ranger fic using elements of something she didn't know with the precision of you really saying this was inspired by Kenta Date (Megaranger) episode where he 'lose' his digitizer after taking some pictures of his life as Megared, or this is Messiah using Enter/Escape.

Here's the story for any of you to check it out. I'm not saying this because I'm friend with her, but this story will keep you surprising in every chapter. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4444295/1/A-Get-Together-to-Remember

No comments:

Post a Comment