Friday, February 22, 2013

KudoNiro/MugenRed: Ultra-Act Zero Review




        So, as you can see, I am doing a toy review of my newly arrived Ultra-Act Zero. Well, to start off, I am just going to say that the box is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The front of the box (Above, right) has a colored silhouette of Ultraman Zero's face. I really like the font used for the words Ultra - Act. The back cover uses a different style compared to S.H. Figuarts. It has one large picture with a few poses, then 4 tinier boxes with more advanced poses. It's got less words, but more pictures. Eh, I don't mind because I can't read them anyways. Even if I could, it's not that big of a deal.
Well, as you can see, our Zero above has his color timer on red.. oh no! Anyways, I love the range of movements for these figuarts. They are always great. The joints are pretty tight, which won't make it hard to get a perfect angle like my G3 (Well, that's another story for me to tell, and for you to read). 
Surprisingly, Zero's solar/chest plates and both of his WHOLE arms can pop off. I don't see the use in that, but the arms can get in the way of posing sometimes. His head has more movement than S.H. Figuarts, which is reasonable because Ultramen can fly. Also, Ultra-Acts are almost, if not all plastic. There is no die-cast parts that I found which makes them a lot lighter. I think this is to make them seem more alive compared to Riders or Sentais (Which both are suits). Zero's eyes also have a hint of red at the sides to look like it has dimension, so if you look at him far away enough, he looks like he has orange eyes. 



These are the accessories that come with the Ultra-Act. As you can see, he comes with an interchangeable head with no Zero Sluggers. He comes with two separate Zero Sluggers and his big Slugger-Blade. There are also interchangeable color timers and a Color Timer + Slugger part which is used for the Zero Twin Shoot.

These are the 4 pairs of hands that come with Zero. The far left one is the default fist holding hand. The second from the left is for holding the Zero Sluggers and the blade. The third from the left is a spread open hand for posing, and the last hand is the hand for either an Ultra Chop, or the flying pose. 
To conclude this, I really love this figure. It has beautiful looks and designs, amazing movements, cool accessories, and more! I would recommend this figure for your first Ultra Act just for everything I said. He is great and doesn't require much work to understand. So, to rate this Ultra Act, I give it a 9/10. Aaaaaand thank you from taking your time to read this post, I really appreciate it ^_^. 

This was KudoNiro/Mugen Red



No comments:

Post a Comment